A semi-truck rollover lead to multiple accidents due to icy conditions on I-90 west of Ritzville. The semi-truck rolled blocking both lanes of eastbound traffic on I-90. Due to the backup, multiple other collisions occurred according to Washington State Police. Those collisions led to a probable hazmat fuel leak of about 150 gallons of diesel, Washington State Police said. Traffic was blocked for a few hours as crews worked to clear the accidents. This is a good reminder to slow down and be cautious during winter months as the road may be icy.
8 Tips for Driving in Icy Conditions
- Drive with care. Even if roadways have been treated with sand or salt, drive with more caution.
- Leave more distance between you and the car in front of you. Leaving more space between vehicles allows for more time to stop when needed.
- Pass with caution. When you are overtaking a vehicle on icy roads, make sure you are able to pass safely.
- Watch out for snowplows that may through snow on either side of their truck. It is important to remember to not pass a snowplow unless the lane you intend to use to pass has been cleared.
- Be prepared for road conditions to change suddenly even in relatively short distances.
- Listen to the radio for updates on weather and road conditions before you leave.
- Drive at a slow pace in as high a gear as possible.
- Accelerate and brake gently. It may be a good idea to check your grip on the road surface when there is snow or ice by choosing a safe place to brake gently. If the steering feels unresponsive, this may indicate the roads are icy.
Car Accident Attorneys and Semi-truck Accident Lawyers in Spokane, WA
If you’ve been injured in a car accident or semi-truck accident, don’t wait to call a Spokane car accident lawyer. The experienced car accident attorneys and semi-truck accident lawyers at Parke Gordon Law Firm can take the stress out of a claim. We’ll fight to get you full value for your car accident injuries working on your case. Call (509) 482-7274 to speak with an experienced Spokane car accident lawyer during a free consultation.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case