Riding in the street is the safest place for a bicyclist. However, children under the age of 10 are better off riding on the sidewalk. Children under 10 are not mature enough to make difficult decisions necessary to safely ride in the street. The following are some tips to teach children so they can avoid a bicycle accident.
- Watch for vehicles coming out or turning into driveways.
- Stop at corners of sidewalks and streets to look for cars.
- Before crossing a street, make eye contact for any drivers who may stop for you.
- Always enter a street at a corner not between parked cars.
- Alert pedestrians on the sidewalk that you are near by saying, “Excuse me,” or “Passing on your left.” You could also use a bell or horn to alert others.
- Always wear a bicycle helmet that fits properly.
- Check the equipment of your bicycle. Be sure the tires are properly inflated; the brakes are working and your bike seat is adjusted correctly for comfort.
Bicycle Accident Injuries in Spokane, Washington
Bicycle accident injuries are often serious due to the lack of protection to bicyclists and the size and force differences when a vehicle collides with a bicycle. The attorneys at Parke Gordon Law Firm will help ensure that our bicycle accident clients obtain appropriate medical care and treatment and ensure that the negligent motorist is held accountable. Take the stress out of your bike accident by hiring an experienced bike accident lawyer to settle your case. At Parke Gordon Law Firm, our attorneys believe every client deserves fair representation not just big insurance companies with deep pockets.
Contact a Spokane Bicycle Accident Attorney for a Free Consultation
Contact the personal injury attorneys at Parke Gordon Law Firm in Spokane for a free consultation. Our Spokane law firm is on your side and will fight for your rights. Parke Gordon Law Firm in Spokane believes every client deserves fair representation against big insurance companies with deep pockets. The trusted attorneys at Parke Gordon Law Firm can usually tell you over the phone if you have a good case. Call our Spokane law office today at (509) 482-7274 to get started on your case.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case