A Washington State Trooper injured in motorcycle accident returned to work after suffering from serious injuries. The motorcycle accident took place over two months ago in Spokane. The trooper was hit by a pickup truck while on duty riding a motorcycle. The pickup truck pulled in front of the motorcycle causing the crash. The Washington State Trooper suffered personal injuries such as a broken collarbone. His injuries required a metal plate and several screws to treat. For now, the trooper will be working at a desk answering calls until his injuries are cleared by a doctor. The pickup truck driver was issued a traffic violation for improper lane change but was not injured in the motorcycle accident.
Facts About Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents are not necessarily more common than other motor vehicle accidents. However, the effects and results of a motorcycle accident are usually more devastating. Here are some interesting facts about motorcycle accidents to consider.
- Two-thirds of motorcycle accidents are caused by other vehicles violating the motorcycle’s right-of-way.
- Weather is not a factor in 98 percent of motorcycle accidents
- Almost half of all motorcycle accidents occur from drivers not being able to see the motorcyclist.
- Only 25 percent of motorcycle accidents involve the motorcycle colliding with a fixed object or the roadway. More often the motorcycle is hit by another vehicle.
- Most motorcycle accidents involve a woman or a rider between the age of 16 and 24.
- Half of all motorcyclist wear a helmet.
- At the time of the motorcycle accident, 40 percent of the motorcyclists are wearing a helmet.
These motorcycle accident facts were gathered from legal resources (hg.org).
Contact Attorney Mat Parke
If you’ve been in a motorcycle accident, call experienced and aggressive personal injury attorney, Mat Parke. Mat can help you get the compensation you deserve! Plus, no attorney fees are paid until we win. Call (509) 482-7274.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case