There are three things you can do before speaking to a personal injury attorney that can help your case go smoothly.
- Do not speak to the insurance company about your case or sign any documents.
- See a doctor to receive proper medical treatment and make sure all injuries are documented.
- Collect paperwork and documents that will help your attorney with your personal injury case.
By doing these three things before speaking to your personal injury attorney, your case will hopefully go more smoothly and sooner. That means you’ll receive a better settlement, faster.
Do Not Speak to the Insurance Company
Often times after an accident, the insurance company of the other party will attempt to contact you to receive a written statement. DO NOT give it to them. Simply tell them they can contact your attorney. Insurance companies are trained to twist your words in order to make you settle for less. Moreover, do not sign any documents that the insurance company requests you to sign without first speaking to your attorney. It is best to save yourself the hassle and simply let your personal injury attorney handle all conversations with the insurance company.
To be safe, only speak with your attorney about your accident. This will increase your chances of receiving the most compensation possible.
See a Doctor
After an accident, we recommend seeing a medical professional to be properly diagnosed. Even if you do not feel injured, it is best to get checked out. Many times patients do not feel the pain from an accident related injury until weeks later. By waiting to be seen by a medical professional it makes it easy for the insurance company to blame the injury on something that happened after the accident. This can greatly harm your case. The insurance company can deny your claim or argue that injuries were caused by a different accident.
While still at the accident scene, there are things you can do to gather evidence that can impact your case.
- A police report. Call the police after an accident so an officer can create a police report and properly document the accident.
- Photos of the accident. If you are able, take photos of the accident scene, the damage to the cars and any injuries you sustained.
- Talk to witnesses. Gather the contact information (name and phone number) of anyone who witnessed the accident.
- Medical records. After being seen by a medical professional, request copies of any medical records to give to your attorney. This can save you and your attorney time later.
Call a Spokane Personal Injury Attorney
Call now to speak to a Spokane personal injury lawyer. We’re here to help take the stress out of your claim. Let us fight the insurance company for you. Call a personal injury attorney or lawyer at Parke Gordon Law Firm for a free consultation. We can usually tell you over the phone if you have a good case.
Let us help you deal with the insurance companies, medical bills, lost wages, and property damages. Our attorneys are trusted and experienced personal injury lawyers in Spokane. Let the law office of Parke Gordon Law Firm help you get back on your feet.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case