Idaho State Police reported a sideswipe car crash on US 95 in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. A suburban was traveling southbound on US 95 when the driver sideswiped a pick-up truck. The suburban continued through an intersection and crossed into northbound traffic lanes. A passenger vehicle and another pick-up truck were traveling northbound on US 95 when they struck the suburban. Two of the drivers involved in the car crash were transported to a nearby medical center with non-life-threatening injuries. The highway was partially blocked for an hour while crews worked to clear the car crash.
Sideswipe Car Crashes
What is a sideswipe car crash? A sideswipe car crash occurs when the sides of two vehicles traveling in the same or opposite direction make contact. Usually, a sideswipe accident occurs when one driver tries to change lanes and doesn’t see the other car. Another term often used for a sideswipe car crash is a “blind spot accident.” Data from the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety (IIHS) reported 242,000 sideswipe car crashes occur every year. In addition, sideswipe car crashes cause about 27,000 injuries and over 2,500 fatalities each year.
The following are some common causes of sideswipe car crashes.
Common Causes of Sideswipe Car Crashes
A sideswipe car crash can occur for a variety of reasons. The following are some common scenarios of sideswipe car crashes.
- Driver is distracted by texting, eating, grooming or by anything else going on in the vehicle.
- Driver is intoxicated and fails to maintain in their lane.
- The driver is tired and falls asleep at the wheel for a second, veering into the other lane.
- A car merges onto the road or highway and fails to yield.
- An angry driver purposefully sideswipes another vehicle in a fit of road rage.
- A high-clearance vehicle such as a large pick-up truck fails to look for smaller vehicles before changing lanes.
- Driver over-steers or under-steers while going around a steep curve.
Sideswipe Car Crash Attorney
If you’ve been injured in a sideswipe car crash, contact the experienced attorneys at Parke Gordon Law Firm to handle your case. Our trusted and knowledgeable attorneys will work hard to get you every penny of compensation you deserve. Parke Gordon believes every client deserves fair representation against big insurance companies with deep pockets. With our help, you can beat Goliath! Call our Spokane law office now at (509) 482-7274 now for a free consultation.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case