A previously paralyzed car accident victim now loses use of arms from another car crash. Last week’s snow storm caused many car accidents on Spokane roads. One victim of the snow was driving back from a hunting trip when his truck flipped. He and two other passengers were taken to the nearest medical center for evaluation of injuries. The others suffered minor injuries but the driver who was already paralyzed, got another spinal cord injury. Doctors said he would go from a paraplegic to a quadriplegic. He is starting to improve with feelings in his arms and hands. He is in good spirits saying “YOLO” – “you only live once” – he says he has no choice but to stay strong for his family.
Tips for Driving in the Snow to Avoid a Car Accident
- As the snow begins to fall for the new season, Parke Gordon Law Firm in Spokane would like to remind drivers to be extra cautious driving in the snow. The following are some tips for driving on snowy roads.
- Go slower than normal. Remember everything takes longer on snow-covered roads including acceleration, stopping, and turning. Give yourself time to maneuver your vehicle properly in the snow.
- Increase your following distance to eight or ten seconds between your vehicle and the car in front of you.
- Brake hard. Even if you have antilock brakes, the best way to stop is with firm steady pressure on the brake pedal.
- If you can avoid it, don’t stop. That doesn’t mean run red lights but if you can choose a route that requires less stops, take it. If not, instead of braking for a stop light that will likely change in a few seconds, take your foot off both pedals and just roll.
- Before trying to get up a hill, increase speed. You will not be able to power up hills that are covered in snow. The snow will only make your wheels spin when you apply the gas pedal. Once you are at the crest of the hill, start to reduce speed.
Car Crash Attorneys at Parke Gordon Law Firm
When you’ve been injured in a car accident due to the negligence of another driver, contact the experienced and knowledgeable attorneys at Parke Gordon Law Firm in Spokane to assist with your case. Our attorneys know what it takes to get you the most compensation for your injuries. We will fight big insurance companies for you to get you every penny you are owed. Contact our Spokane law office today for a free consultation with a trusted, experienced and knowledgeable attorney at Parke Gordon Law Firm.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case