Every year about 400,000 kids are treated in the emergency room for bicycle-related injuries. Some bike accidents are inevitable, regardless you can prepare your kids to avoid a bicycle crash with the proper technique. The following are some tips to help prepare your kids to avoid a bicycle crash.
How to Prepare Your Kids to Avoid a Bicycle Crash
- Make sure your kids are wearing a good bike helmet whenever they are on their bike. A helmet will help protect your child from head and brain injuries.
- Prepare your child’s bike with a tune-up. For example, wipe off the frame, make sure bolts are tight, lubricate the chain, check the brakes and inflate any flat tires. This will help prevent common bike accidents such as a chain breaking or a flat tire.
- Practice helping your kids avoid hazards such as large rocks, toys, potholes, etc. while riding their bike.
- Teach your kids their bike is to be treated like a vehicle, not a toy. Bicyclists have the same rules to follow as a vehicle whenever it enters the roadway.
- Start with teaching some basic rules of the road such as stay to the right, keep a safe distance from other bikes or people, look both ways, etc.
Bike Accident Lawyer in Spokane
If you or your child has been injured while riding a bicycle due to a negligent driver, contact the law office of Parke Gordon Law Firm in Spokane to handle your case. Personal Injury Lawyer Mat Parke is an experienced, trusted and aggressive attorney who has served many personal injury clients in Spokane for years. Our law firm will fight for every penny you are owed. Contact our law office in Spokane today for a free consultation at (509) 482-7274.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case