Idaho State Police and Post Falls Police reported multiple car accidents on I-90 due to slick roads. Parke Gordon Law Firm has handled hundreds of car accident cases that were caused due to hazardous road conditions. Here are some tips to keep you safe when driving on slick roads.
Tips for Driving on Icy Roads
- Slow down! Even when driving a vehicle with four-wheel drive, be cautious and drive under the speed limit.
- If you can, stay home and stay off icy roads.
- Pay attention to the weather conditions; especially during Winter months.
- Avoid braking. It is better to slow down naturally instead of using your brakes on ice.
- If you are sliding, turn into the slide. Turn your wheels in the direction the rear of your vehicle is going. Be careful though not to overcorrect.
Liability for Car Accidents on Icy Roads
Just like a driver will be held liable for an accident on dry roads, a driver is liable for causing an accident on icy roads. When you get behind the wheel knowing road conditions are hazardous, take extra precautions. Drive extra carefully, slow down, brake properly and do not tailgate. A driver may be charged with reckless driving even if they are going the posted speed limit when road conditions are icy or otherwise hazardous. Panic braking or not steering properly and causing you to lose control of the car can also expose you to liability if you cause a car accident.
Car Accident Lawyers in Spokane
The experienced and aggressive personal injury attorneys at Parke Gordon Law Firm in Spokane are here to help when you’ve been in a car accident. Our attorneys understand all of your legal rights. The law office of Parke Gordon Law Firm will fight for every penny you are owed. We are aggressive, experienced and trusted by residents in Spokane. Click here to read some of our recent client reviews to understand the dedication of Parke Gordon Law Firm. We also offer a free consultation. This is your opportunity to discuss your car accident case with an experienced, aggressive and trusted personal injury attorney. Call our Spokane law office today at (509) 482-7274 to get started on your car accident case.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case