Motorcycle Attorney Spokane
Motorcycle accident attorneys and lawyers of Parke Gordon Law Firm understand what it takes to get the most compensation for our personal injury clients. The motorcycle accident lawyers at our law firm have the knowledge and experience to help you obtain a fair settlement for the injuries you sustained in a motorcycle accident. The attorneys at Parke Gordon Law Firm will help you deal with insurance companies, medical bills, lost wages, and property damages resulting from a motorcycle accident. We’ll fight to get you every penny you’re owed. Parke Gordon Law Firm has had the opportunity to serve many pleased personal injury clients of Spokane. Check out our Client Reviews page to see the dedication of Parke Gordon Law Firm.
Injuries From a Motorcycle Crash
Motorcycle accidents can result in serious injuries because motorcyclists are not as protected from injuries as occupants of other motor vehicles – a motorcyclist has nothing to soften the blow of a collision.
To make matters worse, motorcycle insurance is not usually as comprehensive as automobile insurance and might not include medical payment coverage. Our motorcycle injury lawyers in Spokane are experienced in dealing with accidents with high medical bills and serious injuries. We uncover all available liability insurance and negotiate reductions in medical expenses with hospitals and surgeons.
6 Most Common Injuries After a Motorcycle Accident
1. Head Injury
Serious injuries to the head can cause life-transforming results or even be life-threatening. When the brain swells past the barriers of the skull, trouble is sure to follow. The most common injury sustained from a motorcycle accident is a head injury. Concussions and even brain damage are a few serious head injuries after a motorcycle accident.
2. Neck Injury
A neck injury is also a common serious motorcycle accident injury. Like the head, a neck injury can often become fatal or life-changing. A neck injury can paralyze the victim or even kill them. Protecting the neck and head by wearing a motorcycle helmet is the best thing you can do.
3. Leg Injury
Usually, a leg injury following a motorcycle accident results in a broken bone. Though bones can heal, a serious leg injury that goes undetected can be life-threatening. The injury could grow into something worse or permanently disabling. Injuries such as shattered or fractured bones or knees can possibly be prevented if the motorcyclist wears protective leather clothing over his or her legs.
4. Arm Injury
When a motorcyclist is involved in an accident, it is human instinct to draw one’s arms around or in front of oneself to lessen the impact. Doing this however means greater impact and more damage to the nerves of the arms. When a motorcyclist lands on their arm, permanent nerve damage may occur in the arm or upper body. To prevent this, sturdy jackets and elbow pads should be worn by the motorcyclist to protect against severe damage.
5. Road Rash
When a rider slides across the pavement after a motorcycle accident, the injury sustained is known as road rash. If the clothing is thin enough, the pavement can scrape away through layers of clothes reaching the skin and tearing it apart. Road rash is not just a simple scrape or cut. Permanent damage such as skin irritations, infections, and even surface nerve damage can occur from road rash injuries.
6. Muscle Damage
Any part of the body can be exposed to muscle damage following a motorcycle accident. Some muscle damage from a motorcycle accident can even become permanently damaged. To protect yourself on a motorcycle, wear proper protection such as a helmet, heavy clothing, and proper footwear. Another thing you can do to protect yourself is to drive defensively to avoid a motorcycle accident.
How Can a Spokane Motorcycle Injury Lawyer Help With Your Motorcycle Accident Case?
Substantial injuries typically result from a motorcycle accident. Receiving the compensation you deserve could depend on if you hire an experienced motorcycle injury lawyer. Motorcycle accident attorneys are hired to handle the stress of dealing with insurance companies. Our law firm can get you the compensation you deserve for your motorcycle accident. Spokane motorcycle accident lawyer Mat Parke believes every client deserves top-tier representation. Let Parke Gordon Law Firm fight the big insurance companies. Our Spokane motorcycle accident lawyers will also be able to identify parties to sue, calculate damages owed, and pursue a lawsuit.
How to Present Your Case to a Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Here are some tips to help you feel more comfortable when calling to present your case.
- Share as many details about the accident that you can. When the attorney has a clear understanding of the case they will better be able to help.
- Understand that a lawyer will not always take your case. From a financial standpoint, an attorney has an obligation to their company to make sure a case will produce income.
- Review the accident before calling to make sure you can present all the facts and clearly state who was at fault.
- Know what your insurance policy will cover.
- Have evidence such as police reports, photos of the accident, witness statements, etc.
Facts About Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents are not necessarily more common than other motor vehicle accidents. However, the effects and results of a motorcycle accident are usually more devastating. Here are some interesting facts about motorcycle accidents to consider.
- Two-thirds of motorcycle accidents are caused by other vehicles violating the motorcycle’s right-of-way.
- Weather is not a factor in 98 percent of motorcycle accidents
- Almost half of all motorcycle accidents occur from drivers not being able to see the motorcyclist.
- Only 25 percent of motorcycle accidents involve the motorcycle colliding with a fixed object or the roadway. More often the motorcycle is hit by another vehicle.
- Most motorcycle accidents involve a woman or a rider between the age of 16 and 24.
- Half of all motorcyclists wear a helmet.
- At the time of the motorcycle accident, 40 percent of the motorcyclists are wearing a helmet.
These motorcycle accident facts were gathered from legal resources (hg.org).
Leading Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
An estimated 88,000 motorcyclists were injured in a motorcycle accident in 2015 according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. In addition, these motorcycle accident accounted for 14 percent of all traffic fatalities in 2015. Here are some of the leading causes of motorcycle accidents. By being aware of these causes could potentially help you to avoid a motorcycle accident.
Often when traffic is heavy, a motorcyclist may decide to drive between lanes. Or a motorcyclist may decide to drive between cars moving slowly. These techniques are known as lane splitting. Lane splitting is one of the leading causes of motorcycle accidents. Here are a few reasons why lane splitting should be avoided:
- Other drivers don’t normally expect a motorcyclist to split lanes.
- Less space to maneuver.
- Other vehicles are closer to the motorcycle.
A driver of a motorcycle or vehicle should always be aware of road hazards. Road hazards include uneven lanes, potholes, dead animals or anything else sitting in the lane. Hitting a road hazard could be deadly for a motorcyclist.
Driving Too Fast
It is always dangerous to speed no matter what you are driving. Driving fast on a motorcycle is a great temptation for many. However, most motorcycle accidents are caused by excessive speeding.
Driving under the influence of alcohol is never okay but even worse on a motorcycle. Almost half of all motorcycle accidents are caused by drunk drivers.
A common place for a motorcycle accident to take place is in an intersection. Since motorcycles are smaller and harder to see, they often go unseen when turning. A motorcyclist could also be hit by a vehicle turning left. Be aware and cautious of other drivers turning when driving a motorcycle.
How to Avoid a Motorcycle Accident with Animals
The motorcycle accident attorneys at Parke Gordon Law Firm in Spokane hope every motorcyclist can be safe while riding. Animals can be just as dangerous to motorcyclists as other vehicles on the road. Here are a few tips to keep in mind if you come across an animal standing in the middle of the road while riding a motorcycle.
- Make lots of noise. If you sense an animal may be nearby, make as much noise as you can to scare the animal away.
- Use your headlights. If an animal is standing in the road in front of you, turn on your high beams. Hopefully, this will scare them away.
- Watch the road signs. Areas populated with animals will typically have warning signs on the side of the road. Pay attention to these and slow down.
- Remember animals often travel in herds. If you see one animal, it’s likely there are more nearby so watch out.
- Be cautious around wild animals. If the animal is not being scared away, turn around and go another way. It is not worth the risk to confront an animal.
Contact a Spokane Motorcycle Accident Attorney Today
Don’t wait to call a Spokane motorcycle attorney at Parke Gordon Law Firm in Spokane. We are aggressive, experienced, and trusted. Our attorneys will fight to ensure you get a fair settlement for your injuries. Call now for a free consultation at (509) 482-7274. You will be connected with an experienced motorcycle attorney in Spokane for a free case review.
Spokane Personal Injury Accident Blog
View our personal injury accident blog for more local car accident, motorcycle accident, semi truck accident, wrongful death, slip and fall accident, dog bite and other personal injury stories and articles.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case