Washington State Patrol troopers reported a car accident in Spokane Valley involving drugs and alcohol. The driver of a red pickup truck tested positive for drugs and alcohol after t-boning a car. The driver of the car was pronounced dead at the scene. This is a tragedy that should have been avoided. Despite the increase of public awareness of the harm of drinking or using drugs while driving stories such as this continue.
Here are some interesting facts about drugs and alcohol use while driving from the National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence, Inc. (NCADD).
- On average, two in three people are involved in a drunk driving car accident in a lifetime.
- In 2011, over 1.2 million drivers nationwide were arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol or narcotics.
- Approximately 32% of fatal car accidents involve someone intoxicated.
- The leading cause of death for teenagers are car accidents. About a quarter of those car accidents involve underage drinking.
- 3,952 fatally injured drivers tested have tested positive for drugs.
Drunk driving or driving under the influence is a serious act with serious consequences. If your loved one was wrongful taken by the act of a drunk driver, contact a wrongful death attorney in the Parke Gordon Spokane office to find out if you are entitled to bring a claim and, if so, what types of damages you are entitled to recover. We are aggressive, experienced, and trusted. We will fight to ensure you get a fair settlement. Call (509) 482-7274 for a free consultation.
You Pay Nothing Until We Win Your Case